Monday, June 15, 2009

I've been tagged!

It's really simple. I love how every photo tells a story. Some short stories, some long tales. I want to know what is your favourite photo of yourself. Everyone has one. The photo they look at and smile. It reminds them of something, some time, some place. A moment in time.

So share the photo, share the story and then tag three other people. I want to see photos and stories all around the blogosphere.

fatmumslim


I've been tagged by the lovely Jacqui at Mee a Bee! This is my first ever tag so I've been as much apprehensive as I've been excited... which photo to choose? Then I saw this one as I walked past the bookshelf and smiled as I always do, so yes, here it is. 

This is a very special photo for me. It brings back all my happiness from the years we lived in South Hampstead in London. I had both of my gorgeous girls over there. We had a lovely flat on a 3-acre communal garden and the loveliest neighbours. All the local shop keepers knew us by name and would rush out with chocolates for the girls as we walked past. I was working at the National Art Library at the V&A, and then later at the Camden Arts Centre, a brisk walk further up the Finchley Road. Life was soooooooooo good. I still miss London... A LOT... gee, can you tell? Of course, it wasn't all beer and skittles (is that the expression?!!!) but I like remembering the good times :)

Okay, I think I should stop here and nominate my 3 tags.... Michelle at Blue Moss, Sharon at Handmaiden, and MissyP at So Sew Poppy..... you're it! 

Looking forward to seeing your favourite photos and hearing some lovely stories :)

2 comments:

blue moss said...

ohhh, i love your pic...i will have to think about this....thanks so much for picking me :)
michelle

flapjacs said...

Fantastic!! What a cool story and lovely picture. I've never lived in London but I have visited a few times. I'd love to go back. I was stranded there for a few weeks with no money which was a bit sad - I lost a lot of weight :)
Thanks for posting and playing along! Isn't it fun to reminisce?