Saturday, June 27, 2009

Jersey inspirations






I went to see Coco Avant Chanel the other day and was suddenly totally inspired to sew again... (such an easily led girl!). There was a part in the movie where she exclaims over a 'new' fabric and you can see her mind ticking over the possibilities... fabulous, versatile, soft jersey. I have my own love affair with jersey and it reminded me of the sumptuous fashions of Lauren Kovin. She does wonderful things with this beautiful fabric and is particularly skilled in draping. If you'd like to see her entire collection, visit her website here.

6 comments:

BettsyKingston said...

I haven't seen the movie yet! These are divine, I'll check her out myself. Jersey is also forgiving..

woollywotnots said...

Gorgeous dresses

Christina Lowry said...

Love the first dress especially.

Ooooh, is the movie good? I may have to check out the mums and bubs session as I'm not sure hubby will go. Audrey Tatou might twist his arm though!

:)

Rie said...

Sorry - you don't have an email address on your profile.... but...
Thanks for entering my Pay It Forward on my blog - can you please email your contact details to me, along with the link to your blog posting about your PIF commitment & I will pop you a suprise in the post before the end of 2009.

glam.spoon said...

thanks for the tip! I must see that movie.

Jenaveve said...

Argh!!! I had planned to see this on Sunday but the dreaded flu changed all that. I hope it's as fabulous as it sounds...

Will have to check out this link; I've never really tried sewing with stretch knits before. A whole other world apparently...