Thursday, April 16, 2009

Weather obsessions




I don't know about you, but for me there's something alluring about knowing what the weather is like in other parts of the world. There's no way I'm going to cut out early before SBS news have shown the world weather report! My favourite widget on my computer is earthView, which not only shows me the forecast for any place I choose, it also has globes depicting the current world cloud cover, a NASA visible earth, living earth etc. 
Maybe it's having lived overseas and being able to picture favourite places in their reported state of temperature and weather conditions... whatever it is, I just love it. I just like knowing what it all looks like at any given time.
So, imagine my delight when I came across the weather forecast site of Kurtli Reid! Choose your city and see these cute, almost naive representations of what the elements are dealing folk in certain cities (love the peg!). It has a very limited list of places (typically, only Melbourne + Sydney are shown for Australia!) but all inhabited continents are covered, however minutely. 
Special thanks to Please Sir for this find.

No comments: