Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Screenprinting Day





The girls + I had some friends over today for a bit of Screenprinting 101... just the simple stuff. We cut out paper snowflakes and experimented with using these. We also drew some simple shapes and cut them out for printing.
 
Then the screenprinting! Well, can I just say at this point it was all about a bit of Easter holiday fun? We used poor quality paper and we practised on unironed calico (I mean who's going to get the iron out when you have 5 excited kids running around?) 

So, taking everything into account, I think they did really well for their first try and they walked home with a Tshirt they'd printed themselves! Pretty cool I think. Thanks to my friend Anna who valiantly helped and stepped in with the good explanations - you're a star, Anna!

No comments: