Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rose's gift





I think it's about time I actually posted something I've made! This is the birthday card and beaded brooch I made for my sister-in-law, Rose - my first experiment with papercuts. I tried to do as much as I could with scissors and then did a few little details at the end with the blade. You'd think that would have been the tricky part... Nah-ah - try sewing a papercut to a card! As you can see it ran away from me a couple of times, but thankfully such an organic scene could handle a bit of random chaos!

I used a hole-puncher to make a couple of holes in the card for the brooch to be threaded, and so it could be easily removed. The brooch is a wood block print I did on fabric. I beaded the fabric and then hand-sewed it to a couple of layers of felt, the back layer of which I'd sewn on a brooch pin clasp.

1 comment:

Thea said...

Absolutely love your papercut!