Wednesday, March 3, 2010

seven...


I've been tagged by two lovely friends - Kristina and Annamaria - with a Creative Blogger award... and so I must apparently reveal 7 things about myself. As per usual, I'm at a loss what to write. I have a feeling I should really wait until the kids are home for this... I was telling them off the other day for something I didn't like them doing and ended my diatribe with "... and you know this is one of the things I really dislike!"... to which the cheeky Little One began listing all the other things and soon both of them were taking turns in listing 'my rules'... It all ended in laughter you'll be pleased to hear but I did walk away feeling sorry for them having to live with such impositions ;)

So...

1. Yes, I am a control freak. I like rules. I like knowing where I stand with people and I expect a lot of myself.

2. Paradoxically, I'm very relaxed with and forgiving of others in general. The 'rules' apply only to me and mine ;)

3. I love the rain and I love the cold, and still cannot fathom why I live in sunny hot Brisbane ;)

4. I have 3 university degrees and would happily do another and another and be a student for the rest of my life.

5. I love art, design and travel - it's what keeps me sane.

6. I'm naturally blond but haven't been so for a long time. I have been every other colour you can imagine though, including a brief flirtation with blue last year.

7. I always wear black, navy or grey but I love brightly-coloured shoes :)

And now, I must nominate 7 people to do the same... Don't feel obliged, only if you want to... Tania, Mady, Mitsy, Kate, Deb, Renilde and Bec.

12 comments:

annamaria potamiti said...

You know Kylie, the funny thing about children is that they love rules(deep down inside..) SO I am sure these are happy kids!I was always sure you would be a great mom anyway!
So will you reveal the colours your hair has been? You wild thing!
And yes, I have no idea why you are living in Brisbane you should be living here in Vancouver, nextdoor to us! I promise you it rains here enough-...
Annamaria xx

blue moss said...

so loved reading more about you!!
michelle

Unknown said...

i like rules too, but not very good with sticking to them... 3. i fully understand... 4. would love to hear more... let's do coffee in a few weeks time. same place?

and... thank you for nominating me, you are so kind! x mady

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

I'm so with you on the colored shoes, Kylie, and I don't know why I wouldn't wear 'em.
And for cold and rain: I think Belgium would be the perfect place for you to live - big bonus we have too: great chocolate and nice beer! ;)

Thanks so much for passing on the award to me - I've already shared 7 facts about me long time ago so I hope you don't mind that I pass on this one. ;)

I loved reading mor about you. :)

belinda marshall said...

this is really interesting {esp 1 + 2}! a lovely story about you and your girls too, i think it's so sweet when kids tease their parents like this. and . . . the pic in the background is perfect for this.
re weather, u are more than welcome down south, though this summer i thought i was in brisbane!
wondering what your degrees are, 3 is incredible!
thanks for sharing with us :)

Evie said...

nice to read a bit more about you. blue hair hey : ) and i love the sign in the image you have put with this post. is this in your house?

Kickcan & Conkers said...

Nice reading this Kylie - we have a lot in common, you'll see... (I only have two degrees though...). Thanks for the challenge I've been tagged by a couple of others so once my 500th post is over I'll try and write something interesting about myself!

Kate Kelleher said...

Wow, I would be honoured. Thank you. I will have to twiddle my thumbs for a while and think about this one. My husband would say I am a grumpy old git, but I shall push his thoughts to the side and think of my own!
It is very nice knowing more about you.Your so smart! I like the idea of monotone clothes and bright shoes. Have you ever dyed your hair to match your shoes?

inaluxe said...

Hi Kylie, Oh what a great read! I was nodding my head about the clothes and bright shoes. he he. I love how you love the cold! Woo-hoo! I just loved reading all of it - control freak, and the rest... fabulous! xo :)

Tania said...

Ha! I can almost do a cut and paste of yours - except you are much better educated and waaaaay braver. I've never done blue for instance...

Clair said...

Wow. You in a nutshell. You're awesome Kylie and you definitely live up to my high expectations x

red or gray art said...

blue hair ? that I would love to see.!! ps the bottom of your teatowel is fantastic ...all of it is~!!