Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Inspiration: Leah Giberson









For me, I think it's a weird kind of nostalgia... I find myself approaching the work of Leah Giberson with a feeling of utter longing for the quiet, lost-in-time quality of her paintings. The era is so evocative of my childhood and yet the scenes are actually quite foreign to me - we didn't have this kind of manicured 1960s in suburban Brisbane! ;) And yet I find myself responding to it in such a deep way... Perhaps it's episodes of The Brady Bunch all mixed in with my own childhood!? LOVE love love it :)

You can see more of Leah Giberson's work at her Etsy store or on Flickr.

7 comments:

belinda marshall said...

i love her work too! i have a little Leah collection happening :)

Jenifir said...

Thanks for sharing this Kylie! I know what you mean about aching nostalgia. It is a good thing we have art and music to help us through.

annamaria potamiti said...

Yes, I love her work as well- There is something very orderly and 'settled' about the paintings- Lovely-
By the way, the towel turned out beautifully with that small addition of grey. What an excellent learning process too!
Annamaria xx
Annamaria xx

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

I love that you find all these wonderful inspiring people. Thanks for sharing ;-)

annamaria potamiti said...

Hi Kyie, I have just awarded you with the kreative blog award- will you tell us seven things and pass it on to seven others?
Annamaria xx

MANDY said...

I love these works, thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Hey K! The light reflecting on the front of that caravan has me swooning. Many years ago, an aunty told me pink/orange light like that is called 'God's light'. Well, not so sure about that, but if it's the case, wouldn't ALL light be God's? Anyway... I've called it that ever since.