Friday, March 12, 2010

Inspiration: Vladimir Koncar


Kate posted a lovely story on her blog the other day about collections and it put me in such a good mood just to see it. I love collections. There's something so inspiring about them - as a resource, a memory or just within themselves. I love collectors too - it's not just the feeling of a kindred 'bower bird' spirit, it's also the vision and imagination behind their collection of what it may become.

It put me in mind of a very interesting fellow I came across one day while blog surfing, Vladimir Koncar. He's a typographer, photographer and fine artist who - when he gets fed up with the day job - begins building up typographic representations made from his own collections of various objects just for fun. I like that :)

To have a peek at many more of his collected typographies, you can find his portfolio here.



clover type



paper clips type



tea bags type

9 comments:

Trish Goodfield said...

How clever is that?

Christina Lowry said...

I do love the paper clip type! They are all fantastic. And did you know, I have found a four leaf clover? :)

Kickcan & Conkers said...

These are lovely, especially the paper clips.

Kate Kelleher said...

These are fun. I like the fact they are everyday objects and I really like his phrases.
I am happy I put you in a good mood! Thats up lifting in itself. Happy weekend!

red or gray art said...

a big smile here at the creativity ...with such everyday things

annamaria potamiti said...

These are fun, but I want to tell you about the brooch- (I slept from eight to seven yesterday and missed my bloggin time- maybe now my brain will work better!) Anyway, I love your explorations of 'collage' with varied materials-I find the idea of adding crochet- very exciting-
Annamaria xx

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

That is awesome! Love it.

Ingrid Mida said...

Totally fly!

Anonymous said...

So lovely... paper clip is def my fav though I wanted to love the tea bag one more!!