Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Brilliant idea: Tap Water Bottle





I love this idea - how brilliant is it?! Simple, stylish and seriously clever, the Tap Water Bottle strikes a winking blow at the bottled water industry by providing a safe portable alternative to this environmentally irresponsible and, quite frankly, ridiculous cash cow. Yep, I'm just not a fan of paying for some spuriously marketed product which is not that different to what comes out of the tap in my kitchen ;) Hats off to Canadian designer Racquel Youtzy and her brilliant idea. She sells them on her website here. I should add we actually have five clear bottles just like this (without the groovy text) all lined up and full of tap water in our fridge. They even are lettered A to E so the same bottle doesn't end up being used over and over... courtesy of my husband who really should be a Virgo ;)

Found via the wonderful Grey Grid Paper.

9 comments:

Clair said...

Anything that combines style with conscience is an instant winner with me. Good find!

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

they are stunning. what a brilliantly stylishly simple idea! I wonder if they deliver to the UK?

Anonymous said...

I bought these bottles (without text) in Ikea.
They are so wonderful!

inaluxe said...

I love these, and I think your husband is clearly - brilliant! What a great idea x 2. :)
Have the bestest holidayz! wish I was going to the snow. xo K

Ingrid Mida said...

How brilliant! I love it that a Canadian came up with the idea.

annamaria potamiti said...

I love the funny thing about how your husband 'should have been a Virgo'- (I was really into astrology in my twenties...)- I also grew up with bottles of tap water in the fridge, very often they were gin bottles or other liquer bottles that had been emptied and cleaned- one day when I was a young girl I poured some in a glass at a friend's house and it actually was 'Gin' and ...well...you can imagine, I didn't know what hit me! So that considered, I think its a brilliant idea to have a label saying 'TAP WATER'!
Annamaria xxx

ckillin said...

with you 100% on the tap water.
gorgeous bottle, brilliant idea.

red.or.gray.art said...

i .relish.the.clean.look.elk

ckillin said...

And same kind of idea with these reusable coffee cups that I've just come across:
http://www.hookturnindustries.com.au/store.html

I keep seeing Keep Cup at all the design markets:
http://www.keepcup.com.au/
and recently bought one and use it all the time but I think I like the BYO Coffee Cup better because it looks like the real thing.