Sunday, December 12, 2010

New Design



So, the first design element to come out of my doodling... I love how different it looks to the original drawing... the unexpected effects of different mediums :) 


The background block in citrus was a result of my wanting something to counteract the floral nature of the top design... and just because I love lines, of course. Note to self: make sure they line up next time ;)


As much as I like the lines I really wanted to develop the design, to make it 'fuller' or something... but I haven't been able to bring myself to covering them all just yet ;)


What do you think... edgy enough or just a bit too twee and chintzy...?

11 comments:

belinda marshall said...

i love it! the layers of lines look really good. i like it with some of the citrus on it's own ~ it's nice to see those line details.
xx

Anna Bartlett said...

I think your colour choices stop it from being chintzy. I'd love to see it in powder blue/wedgwood and silver. But maybe that'd be twee...

june at noon said...

No, not twee. I love the citrus, and I like the way you're layering. Keep at it!

helicopter6 said...

I like the fact that the lines don't match up - I'm just that kinda girl! And I think the single layer citrus is a lovely counterbalance.

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

So not chintzy and twee, Kylie...it's awesome! I love some being left just citrus too. The lines are fab too...I just love it, K xx

Unknown said...

wow kylie, what a fabulous design, i love it! hope you are well, and i would love to catch up for a coffee soon. x

Tania said...

It's beautiful. And it has YOU stamped all over it!

Ingrid Mida said...

It is perfect! Doesn't matter a bit that the lines don't match up.

dls said...

Love the design..... and the colors..... it's all perfect!!!

Kim said...

I know I said it before but I love your blog. Specially the songs you play.

Evie said...

this is gorgeous i love it. you are so clever. and what a special bag it makes too x