Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Decorations Tute :)


We're in our second week of school holidays here and, so far, it's a very wet long summer stretching out before us. So, what to do inside leading up to Xmas? My Little One and I have been doing some paper cutting of Christmas decorations from templates one of her teachers gave me at the Christmas Craft Day

I'm not sure if there's a copyright on these designs or where they came from at all actually... I'm hoping it was a teacher's resource and that it's okay to share :)

You can find the templates here


(1) Print them out on paper of your choice and cut out a square around the dotted line. 
(2) Fold the square in half to form a triangle along the line of the black shapes.


(3) Fold the first triangle in half to form a smaller triangle. 
(4) Start cutting out the black parts of the design.


(5) Once you have cut out all the black shapes unfold the paper carefully... and here's your Christmas Star!


Happy paper cutting! :)

16 comments:

Tania said...

I'm doing a small freak-out on your behalf. HOW LONG ARE THOSE SUMMER HOLIDAYS?????? I still have nearly two weeks up my sleeve before pyjama days and chaos rule (not that I'm saying those sort of days don't hold their own certain attraction).

Kylie said...

I'm not sure why the Queensland holidays are so long... maybe because it's usually so hot up here? My girls have 8 weeks over summer - they go back after Australia Day! Kx

Jennie said...

Beautiful snowflakes!
I've never seen templates for them before -
excellent idea!x

belinda marshall said...

fun decorations! will have to make some with the boys. feels like the school year should be over already ~ they work them hard in victoria!! {2 more weeks to go}.
xx

Mia said...

OMG - can't believe your holidays have begun. Ours not for two more weeks thankfully! :)

Cindy said...

K these are fantastic. Thanks. My grade will love them, a challenge for 7yr olds but willing to let them have a go. They love paper creations.

june at noon said...

Ah, the idea of templates is great! Thanks for sharing.

Kate Kelleher said...

Beautiful Kylie, so nice to share the creativity! A mother and daughter collaboration is a good one x

Kate Kelleher said...

I don't believe it...you won again! A button garland..you must be magic! I will post it off to you, I am sure I still have your address. Merry Christmas xx

Kate Kelleher said...

errr... no I don't please email me blueskybutterflystudio@hotmail.co.uk ok promise to leave you alone now!!

Ingrid Mida said...

That's so nice of you to share Kylie. We have so much snow already. I'm not sure I want to make snow for inside but yours are lovely!

blue moss said...

love all the paper fun!!
i hope you enjoy your holidays...in our house, we have a week and a half before christmas break and still have to get through exams...
then we can try your paper fun :)
michelle

Elisabeth said...

Wow your snowflakes Kyile :)!

samantha ramage said...

so pretty yet looks like so much work!!
i love seeing the finished product though!

xo
sami

MANDY said...

I am so going to make some of these, I love them !!!

Veja cecilia said...

sweet!