Monday, September 13, 2010

Loose ends + sojourns


I've been a bit absent around here lately... (there's a lot going on)... but I have managed to grab the odd spare moment to crochet in the loose ends on my hexagon blanket. Loving my loose ends pile :) I'm on the home stretch now – crocheting a border around the blanket (just two rows of a double crochet stitch) and it will all be done :)




Now, about the sojourn... There are some beautiful French words that have been incorporated into the English language, but I think my favourite is "sojourn"... it has such a slumberous feeling to it that suggests the very best kind of holiday or break.... and that's just what's been 'going on' chez 3 Sheets... I've been getting ready for my annual sojourn to a trade fair in Paris.

Very exciting, even if it is going to be more work than play. I don't think there'll be a lot of sojourn-ing going on though... We'll be hopping around all over the place – Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges and London as well as Paris, and rushing back to Brisbane in time to spend the last week of the school holidays with our girls :) Looking forward to meeting up with this lovely lady in Antwerp.

So, tomorrow I'll be looking out at clouds with delicious anticipation. See you in two weeks! :)

15 comments:

Jennie said...

You've got my two fav colours there I'm afraid!!

I am very envious of you right now, I know this is for work, but you will still have such a great time! I do miss London. But Paris - how fabulous! And meeting up with a blogger friend too! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!!xJennie.

mel @ loved handmade said...

Your crochet is looking magnificent! Such gorgeous colours & I love the hexagon & border. Have a fabulous time in Paris, you very lucky duck!

alessandra said...

Brava you almost finished.
Have a grat time in Europe.
x

Christina Lowry said...

Oh my! How exciting! Have a wonderful time Kylie. Paris must be one of the coolest places for a trade fair. I've only ever been to trade fairs at the Brisbane convention center! :)

The blanket looks fantastic. I love the way you mix colours. The combination is perfect.

xx

willywagtail said...

The border looks great, brings it all professionally together. Yay for finished projects. Au revoir! Cherrie

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Enjoy Kylie! So sorry I had other plans when you're in Belgium! Next time for sure! Enjoy! :)

june at noon said...

What a lot of work, but well worth it! (The blanket.)

Have a great sojourn--hope you get a little resting in too!

Ingrid Mida said...

Dear Kylie,
How you manage to create a beautiful blanket in a time of frantic goings on is simply amazing!
Have a wonderful trip!

Juniper Bees said...

Your hexagon blanket blows me away!

at swim-two-birds said...

see you soon Kylie!
the blanket is lovely :)

Francesca said...

wow, have a fabulous sojourn! love your blanket. c'est tres jolie. x

Mia said...

Your rug is sooo beautiful - great accomplishment!

Mia said...

hey! super-hexagon-grannys! :o)
I work in white.
much more fun!


greetings from germany, from saxonia, from gisa :o)

annie said...

Love the rug! Could you give us crochet novices a pattern to try that design?

Sally said...

Your finished blanket is awesome... I always knew it was going to be.