Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Inspiration: Tithi Kutchamuch






Still thinking of silver smithing... I made a trip to the supply shop yesterday and bought a few necessary pieces to set up my workbench. Thanks for all the lovely encouragement with my soldering dilemma. (I bought some holding wire in case my plaster idea doesn't work, Christina!) I've also been thinking of more screen printing ideas and wondering just how many different genres I can juggle without dropping them all ;) I think that's why I find Tithi Kutchamuch so inspiring...

Aren't these vase rings amazing? The detail and artistry is certainly inspiring enough – but to also have such an exquisite resting place for them; one that has a 'stand alone' design quality of its own... well, that's genius I think :) What is so encouraging for me, however, is that this isn't all that Kutchamuch makes. I've posted about her work before when she produced a collection of paper rings. It's good to know that if you start doing silver smithing that everything else you make doesn't necessarily have to stop. See more of Kutchamuch's work on her website.

3 comments:

Ingrid Mida said...

Keep juggling Kylie. Your silversmithing will undoubtedly enrich your other work.
Sometimes I think I should just stick with one medium - like photography or sculpture or textiles - but the truth of it is that I like them all and my experiences with each enriches the other.
I can hardly wait to see what you produce with your soldering iron! Good luck!

Joyti said...

Those rings are indeed amazing...I'll have to check out the website.

Ooty said...

Amazing images as well!