Sunday, April 4, 2010

Textiles: Orla Kiely






I was going to leave the textiles thing alone now but there are a couple more that do deserve a mention I think. Firstly, Orla Kiely... can you think of a better example of someone who was in the right place at the right time? Somehow she has come to embody the universal love affair with funky retro. Her designs grace seemingly everything from fashion to homewares and furniture to luggage. Good on her, I say. Love her designs and her spirit in providing us all with so much beauty :) Visit her website here.

10 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

I adore her prints, LOVE that dress!

Jennie said...

The bed cover print is my favourite. I'm sure someone has it as a wallpaper too!

Clair said...

Rivalled only by Cath Kidston as a household name, I would think :)

Danielle said...

Myers (Australia) sells Orla Kiely bed linen if you want to have a closeup look at some of the designs!

flowerpress said...

beautiful!
Really enjoying the textiles posts here - don't stop for my sake :-)

Cindy said...

Loving all the textile posts...thanks for sharing x

Cat said...

Gracious me, I LOVE Orla Kiely. My bestie bought me a little Orla Kiely water bottle for my bday last year and I adore when people recognise the design. I absolutely love that quilt cover in particular - my colours too! Sigh. Happy Easter Kylie!
xo

MANDY said...

Love this post.... first photograph is so divine !!!

christinecho said...

nice to meet you on the web via fine little day. We're neighbours...
There is already a Kylie from Brisbane in my favorites that's funny...
have a good day

cc

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

Orla is the Queen of design in my eyes! Have used lots for the house, as you know, and am now saving my pennies for a bag...and possibly a dress...