Saturday, April 24, 2010

the first little pig made his lamp out of...





I'm so in the mood for a dollop of humour and fun today and coming across this fabulous lampshade Gulp by Tim Fishlock did make me smile. Don't you just love people's inventiveness? Gulp is made from 3000 translucent drinking straws that have been woven into a dense sphere for use as a lampshade. But the best bit is... all the straws are connected together, so *technically* you could drink through it if your powers of suction are up to it ;) Each one takes a massive seven days to construct and the finished product is 80cms in diameter. You can find out more on Tim Fishlock's website here.

6 comments:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Hehe, I wouldn't attempt drinking from it when I'm really thirsty, it would take waaay too long! Fun lampshade though! :) (Oh and I wouldn't want to dust it off either!)

naa said...

very interesting!! And nice to see also!
Wish you a lovely weekend!*

Ingrid Mida said...

That is so clever! I love it when an artist creates something extraordinary out of something everyday.
Btw, I loved your profile. Even though we live on the other side of the world from each other, we share much in common!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

So that boy isn't the world's strongest, it's straw!!?? Super clever, even better if they were reclaimed ones, well cleaned first?? Love Posie

belinda marshall said...

i love it! it looks messy and crazy, but must be very orderly.

Tania said...

Crikey - where do you put the drink? So fabulous you'd have to construct the perfect space for it. Did you know that I no longer bother browsing the interwebbyverse in search of the latest and amazing? Nope. I wait for Kylie to show me.