Sunday, January 22, 2012

Been busy + getting distracted...

I've been a bad blogger lately, but I have been busy. 
There's been a lot of crocheting going on hereabouts... I'm currently working on 
the 11th out of the 20 cushions ordered. I still have a baby blanket to do as well, 
so not quite halfway yet. 


It's been quite a lesson in staying focussed for someone like me who seems to flit 
around from one idea to the next ;)

















I haven't quite managed to stay focussed though... I've been crocheting some 
more covert bunting... My cousin had a baby girl the other day, so I dropped 
everything to get together a little something for her. (Thank goodness I have 
so many triangles I've already crocheted in my stash).


I tried something slightly different from last time. What do you think of the white 
border?... or does it look better plain?





As per usual, though, when I must be doing something all I can think about is 
something else ;) I've been dreaming about getting back to printing some fabric.
Hope you've been doing fun things?

18 comments:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Wow, so many pretty colors! Your fingers must hurt from all the hooky business! Hope you can finish 'em in time.

Jennie said...

Thats alot of work there Kylie!! Wow!
I like the bunting both ways, so I'm no help...

I've been painting chairs, theres still loads to go, but I've just about had enough of it! Off to get some spray paint this week - much easier!XX

Anonymous said...

Your blog is fantastic and I just want to leave a footprint behind me.

Peace & Light

Agneta, a swedish one ,)

Kirsty said...

Your ripple cushions look just beautiful Kylie.

Francesca said...

gorgeous images kylie, cushions are going to be divine.

teddybearswednesday said...

I Know the feeling Kylie.
But you know what with 20 cushions + a baby blanket to do I think even Mother Teresa would be a bad blogger.
Loving the looking of everything here, your cushions are all so stunning and your way with colours.
Im so thrilled so many people are wanting them though not surprised at all.
glad to hear your human too, and wander off. No help though I love the bunting both ways! xo

Flaming Nora said...

Loving the wavey crochet.
I like the white boarder on the bunting more. But I thought it was fab before the edge was even invented. So I'm probably of no help what so ever!

tichtach said...

Beautiful work :-)

ElisabethAndrée said...

It is looking breath taking. Love it:) It is indeed hard to keep focused on just one project but now it is an order for someone else.... you can do it!

Kaylovesvintage said...

love that blue and white

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

from one bad blogger to another...;-) The cushions are looking just dreamy, Kylie and as for the bunting, both are gorgeous, but think I'm just leading towards the one without white...keep that hook workin', lady ;-)

Christina Lowry said...

11 of 20, no wonder you are getting distracted! I have a commission for ten identical pendants and I know that will be difficult without a break in focus. Luckily they are simple pieces, because I can't sit at my bench properly with my big tummy!

The bunting is very sweet too. Congratulations to your cousin and her family. :)

belinda marshall said...

have been wondering how you're going with your big order. very well by the looks ~ completely understand the distraction! you listening to lots of music/talking books??
the bunting is gorgeous!
have fun with the next ones :)

LionessLady said...

I love the bunting with the white frames. It's totes gorgeous! And look at all that work on your gorgeous zigzag cushions! Well done you!

june at noon said...

Looks fantastic. I really like the purple shade. And I do like the white border on the bunting--it's just a different look, but not in a bad way. :)

alessandra said...

perfect crochet and that bunting is adorable :)

Ingrid Mida said...

Hi Kylie,
It is good to be busy... I've been a bad blogger myself and just "dropped" in to say hello. I'm so glad that your crochet work has become so popular.
Best wishes!

Sally said...

Oooo... plain or bordered? That's a tough one because they both look fab... but I think maybe plain. Mmm.. not sure.