Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Fortunate Event

My little one and I have just watched a DVD we haven't seen for ages. 
It's a real treat...





A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snickets. I loved these books 
and I really love this movie... have you seen it? 








The actors are fabulous (Jim Carey, Meryl Streep, Billy Connolly etc) but the 
children really do steal the show for me, particularly Emily Browning's 'Violet'.
Best of all, though, are the costumes...





If you haven't seen this movie, I totally recommend it. Here's a taster...



Perfect for a slow sick-on-the-sofa kind of day :)

11 comments:

Flaming Nora said...

I love that film too. Really beautiful. I am 99% certain that a slightly batty woman I used to occasionally work for, (but who was two of my closest friends boss) called Suzanna made the girls costumes for this film.
Always thought it was a shame they didn't make more of the series.

Jennie said...

Eva love this!! Has only listened to the audio book tho. We'll be looking out for the DVD now - Jim Carrey looks brilliant in it!x

Nikki said...

Well, you've totally sold me.... anything for a good costume!!

Tania said...

We're on Book Four. Last weekend, because we'd finished Book Three, we did the movie. It's due back tomorrow - but not before a final screening. With popcorn.

Artista said...

I loved the costumes as well. Almost steampunk but not.

annamaria potamiti said...

Just sent Lucy to look for this DVD. Perfect fun for a slow Sunday-
Thanks for sharing this!
XO

mieke willems said...

mmm will remember that! looks really nice!

Ingrid Mida said...

I have such fond memories of reading these books with my boys. Hope you feel better....

Ange said...

Fabulous! I watched it not so long ago :) I don't get around to blogging much at the moment… But think of you creating away over there all the time. Sigh :)

Mia said...

I love this too Kylie - sometimes I just watch it for the credits because they are so incredibly gorgeous and creative. And how i LOVE Jim Carey as Count Olaf... brilliant casting!

Evie said...

oh yes i love this too! those costumes!!! : )