Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Goodies


My parcel of goodies from the US arrived in the mail yesterday. It felt like Christmas :)
Gorgeous yarns in colours and thicknesses I couldn't resist and amazing textures like the 100% silk 'straw' yarn below. Both from Purl Soho.


I seemed to be obsessed with metallics at M&J Trimmings... I'm thinking of ways I can combine metallic trimmings with my silversmithing work.


And then there were the books... Purl Soho had an amazing selection of Japanese craft books. I'm not sure how I managed to limit myself to just two, but here they are... two crochet titles, Crochet Cushions for Stools and Mini Doily Lacework.







Purl also had some felty things I couldn't resist... have you ever seen felt buttons? 
I was totally smitten :)


On the fabric front, I found this incredibly soft green tulle and giant ric rac. I am so in love with this colour at the moment.


... and I just had to have this tea towel from Anthropologie
I plan to use it as the lining for one of my bags.


So, there you go. Goodies from my travels. I didn't go too overboard after all but of course when you're travelling every purchase is weighed by 'how am I going to get all of this home?' ;) What was your favourite travelling purchase?

15 comments:

Kate said...

Wow Kylie, what a wonderful and inspiring bunch of crafty goodies you have there. Endless hours of fun I think.
My best crafty purchase was about 15 years ago when I bought home lots of hand embroidered pieces from the middle East. I still can't bring myself to make anything with them though.

Anna Bartlett said...

Nice stash! Love that teatowel in particular!
I bought a really special cotton cardy from New Orleans in 1994 - it's sort of crocheted and stitched and trimmed.. but geez it was heavy. I had to wear it on every plane trip. I still love it (the husband doesn't tho).

Blueberry Park said...

wow, Kylie, what delights! And must make the holiday last longer with the later arrival of them ;-)

Penny said...

Who would have thunk that there was ever a day that you could not crochet?!

Penny said...

PS. Great stash!

gretchenmist . . . {belinda} said...

so much fun!! i bet you've been thinking all day every day about which things you could make with each item! i agree you were very good only buying 2 books. you picked some great ones xx

prettylittlethieves said...

amazing and inspiring goodies!

mady dooijes said...

lovely goodies, it's always so nice to unpack your bags from a(n) (overseas) trip and re- find all things you bought. my favourite travelling purchase(s) too many too name... i came back last year with lots of treasures, not only the ones i bought, but the ones my parents gave me from our family. some amazing indonesian silver treasures and pottery my grandfather made 60 years ago... xxx

My Bearded Pigeon said...

I love your supplies! I love that teatowel! My best traveller purchase is a huge embroidery and kind if rajistani patchwork wall hanging I got in India. I love it so much! But hands down best traveller purchase is my dog, I got him at some little markets in Candelo Victoria nearly 11 years ago. Best $20 ever spent in the whole wide world!! $20!!! For my best mate!!

Cat said...

Wow, no wonder it felt like Christmas to you - I'm in love with that grey colour in the second photo in particular. What a fab stash of things you have.

Thanks for stopping by my place earlier - it's been ages! I DO love Siri VERY much indeed and it's one of the few books I've read more than twice (Pride & Prejudice & Alias Grace the others). I'm so pleased you're enjoying it all over again. I have the most massive crush on her still :)

inaluxe said...

Wow Kylie - all your goodies look like so much fun. I love the metallic ric rac, and can't get over the mini doily book and crochet covers. Wish I had time and patience to crochet - I can barely knit, so you can imagine! I think my favourite travel purchase is a handmade wool black and grey shawl. But then anything like a second hand book is up there with fave finds! xo

at swim-two-birds said...

love that silk 'straw' yarn!
merry Cristmas Kylie :^)

(I can't resist ric rac)

Alisa : Ink Caravan said...

Oh I'd sooo love to be let loose in Purl Soho. Sounds and looks like heaven! And Anthropologie too, I looove that fabric Kylie. Gorgeousness indeed.

p.s Thanks for your lovely comment on my fox, I've only just read it, I keep forgetting I have a flickr account. : )

Lisa said...

Love the green ric rac and buttons and that tea towel is really fab - no exciting purchases myself to speak of but off to Casablanca in a few weeks so who knows:)

ArtMind said...

Those crochet books look awesome! Lucky you! :)