Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Creative Space - Little Blue Dress

make avatar


There are so many things I should have been doing this week, instead I made a dress. 

My Little One received some fabulous blue shoes for her birthday which reminded me of the fabulous blue and black striped jerseys I had in my stash... and I just started cutting and making it up as I went.



 Thankfully, she loves it. 
I think she must like a bit of asymmetrical wonk like me :)

If you want to dance along just channel Leo Sayer You Make Me Feel Like Dancing :)




Just in case you haven't heard the news... Kirsty (who has tirelessly hosted My Creative Space at her blog Kootoyoo for ages) has now discovered some new directions she'd like to explore. So, rather than drop things, she has kindly set up a new blog just for Thursday's crafty show-and-tell peeps... and it's called Our Creative Spaces
To see some more spaces or join in yourself, you can now find all the links here.
Thanks Kirsty!

18 comments:

The above fore-mentioned. said...

Hi Kylie,
Those are some great shoes! And how lucky to have such a talented Mum to make you a funky dress to wear with them! The photo shoot looked like it must have been a lot of fun too.

belinda marshall said...

how gorgeous! love the whole outfit with the moves!
xx

Unknown said...

little one is a mini you..... love it!

Mia said...

She looks so funky - how lucky is she to have a mum who can sew like that!

Francesca said...

that is a ROCKING dress! and excuse me, she looks EXACTLY like you! how adorable. thank you for your purchases...again! you are a star! hoping to get to the post office tomorrow. x

june at noon said...

You're awesome with your by-the-seat-of-your-pants dresses! Of course she loves it--if she loves the shoes, she has to love the dress!

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

That kid was made for that dress...or is it that the dress was made for that kid? Either way, she is so funky!

annamaria potamiti said...

What an awesome- very cool dress!!Lucky girl to have such a multi-talented mom!XX

Cotton Kiwi said...

What an awesome dress (and an awesome way to show it off). Love it.

Jill said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress! - great upcycle! And great slideshowing photo thing too!!

And this sunscreen song that is playing as I type (which I assume is on your blog?) is one of my favourites!! Thanks for making me smile!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Kirsty said...

This is terrific!

I love a bit of assymetrical wonk too

flowerpress said...

Hmm, I sort of had "walk like an egyptian" as my soundtrack! Great moves, great dress!

Unknown said...

There is nothing better than 'You Make Me Feel Like Dancing' - except, perhaps, this fab dress! I want one!

Jennie said...

That is one cool animation!
And you are a very cool mum, making a brilliant dress to go with those shoes!xx

natacha lee said...

Neat! Shoes and dress were meant to be.

teddybearswednesday said...

you are amazing, it's as simple as that xo

Seaweed and Raine said...

VERY funky dress. You should do a tutorial/pattern for it (if you don't mind others having the same dress as your daughter). :) I am in awe of your talent.

at swim-two-birds said...

funny girl!
two peas in a pod :^)