Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bag no.2




I've finished printing up the fabrics for my bags and now the sewing and construction work begins. I don't think I've shown you this fabric design... it's kind of a bubble and squeak really. I was having some fun with different screen printing patterns I had from previous endeavours. The colour choice was 'egg-ed' on by my Big Girl's love for aqua blue.

For a long while there I really didn't think it would all work, but then suddenly, it did. That's the funny thing about these bag panels, a normal fabric design can work but then a funny little put-together can too ;) The bag is lined with another Atomic colour combination I printed a while ago and never really found the right use for it. I think it works just fine as lining.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend :)

12 comments:

Tania said...

If this is another one destined for my shopping cart(?!?!?!?) then I am in really, really, really big trouble. I couldn't bear to gift the last one away. What on earth makes you think I'm going to be able to let ANY of ’em go????????!

Catherine said...

this looks incredible, Kylie!

**We BLOG ARTISTS** said...

It's great!
HUGS and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
Char.x

june at noon said...

Wow, it's sort of unexpected, yet it works perfectly. I like the "surprise" of the lining, too, and lovely colors all around!

Thea said...

It's lovely Kylie. I really like the blue and green colourway! x

Jennie said...

Its my fav colour too!
Love the black and white stripes running through as the handles.xx

gretchenmist said...

this one is my favourite so far ~ can u guess why?!!
love the mix up, it makes it more unique than ever :)

Blueberry Park said...

Ooh, Kylie, my favourite colour combo all in one place...duck egg blue, mustard and grey...and in such a stunning design too...love love love ;-) x

Luna said...

These are really special bags. Great design, colour combo and everything. really like that aqua print with the flyaway petals...

annamaria said...

Fabulous, Kylie- you are having a creative weekend!!I love all the detailing inside the bag too!XX

Taps said...

Unreal! I love your designs they are perfectly perfect!

angela said...

Your designs are absolutely beautiful!!!

xx