Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Inspiration: Eunsuk Hur

I've been thinking a lot about fabrics lately and have come across some amazing innovations. The following pieces are the work of South Korean designer, Eunsuk Hur. Laser cutting, acid printing and etching fabric are her methods of choice and it astounds me how these pieces can look so ethereal and sturdy at the same time.





















Now living in London, Hur graduated last year from the prestigious Saint Martins School for Art and Design. These days she can be found developing her commission-only business in the areas of fashion and interior design. View more of her work on her website here.





14 comments:

We Blog Artists said...

WOW Kylie...great find!
Char

Kate said...

Just beautiful, Kylie! I would love to create little lovelies like that one!

Gina said...

That 'thud' was the sound of my jaw dropping and hitting the ground. Unbelieveable!

Unknown said...

This is just amazing amazing (yes two amazings) work! I am spell bound. Thanks so much for sharing.
Sophie x

annamaria potamiti said...

Lovely find Kylie! I am sorry I have missed the last couple of posts(I have been retiring in my shell in crab-like fashion hoping that I will have a 'vision' that will explain my life to me but alas! I didn't so I am back happily blogging again)
And I need to tell you about those Enid Seeney plates- how really gorgeous, I need to show my Valentine too...!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Annamaria xxx

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Oh wow! These pieces are amazing!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Wow wee, they are stunning, no wonder your dreaming of fabric with those images on hand. Love Posie

red or gray art said...

the shades of cream.grey.black add so much to the work...

paperpocket said...

Just gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!

xoxo

Kate Kelleher said...

LOVE THIS!

Little Eve said...

Quite amazing, such detail. I'm sure she'll have an interesting career ahead of her.

edward and lilly said...

Simply amazing! I love popping in here for a little dose of eye candy and this one is a great find!

Ingrid Mida said...

What incredible talent!

inaluxe said...

These creations make me think of birds and feathers, or clouds. So divine! :)